This document sets out how Document Options Ltd addresses the impact of the way it operates and conducts its business with regard to economic, social and environmental considerations.
By publishing and committing to this document we aim to align our business values to the needs of our staff, clients, suppliers and the wider community.
We aim to protect the environment and we consider the environmental impact of our operations from sourcing supplies, production processes, waste streams and deliveries.
We do this by: –
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of Practice
- Protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water
- Seeking to keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources
- Managing and disposing of all waste in a responsible manner
- Providing training for our staff so that we all work in accordance with this policy statement and within an environmentally aware culture
- Regularly communicating our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders
- Developing our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitoring and continuously improving our environmental performance
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces the environmental impact on the Company by:-
- Reducing all our transportation requirements wherever possible and utilising public transport and such facilities as web-ex and conference call facilities
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel
- Sourcing and buying locally to save fuel costs wherever possible
- Ensuring that all electrical equipment is switched off when not required
- Printing in mono and double sided wherever possible
- Recycling all waste
- Working with like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimise their environmental impact
The Directors will also ensure that our work with the local community involves: –
- Working and supporting local and national charities
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with clients and potential clients by:-
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it
- We will listen to our clients so that this can help us improve the products and services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with suppliers by:-
- Ensuring that we use local suppliers wherever possible
- That we will endeavour to pay on time
Therefore, the operational and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our corporate social responsibility principles lies with the Directors of Document Options Ltd. Consequently, each employee is expected to give their full co-operation to the above principles in their activities at work.
The effectiveness of the Policy Statement will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the Directors to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with any relevant legislation and to meet new business requirements and to identify areas in need of improvement.
In conclusion, the aims of this policy will be communicated to new staff upon joining and at annual staff reviews.