We can digitise all of your existing paper-based medical records and deliver into your line of business system.
We have helped NHS Hospitals, Private Care Trusts and Ambulance Services to digitise patient medical records with outstanding results.
We have the experience and knowhow to help you achieve the NHS target of being paperless by 2020.
Patient Medical Record Scanning – How it works?
- Our specialist team visit your premises to discuss your requirements and inspect the paper medical records.
- We provide a detailed proposal to cover your requirements, from both a project and service delivery viewpoint.
- A contract is signed, our project team are engaged, and a Statement of Work (SOW) produced.
- Your solution is designed along with the required MI to assist the management of the project.
- Internal testing followed by end-to-end external testing and final approval before go-live.
- We collect the documents from you using our secure transport and records manage each file onto our system
- Once booked in we prep, classify and scan all data within each box and track at box/file level.
- A percentage of patient files always go to the QC stage for checking and reporting.
- The digitised images and captured data are exported from the document processing system and imported into line of business system
- All boxes are booked out of production and transferred to our secure storage facility if being stored at Document Options.
What are the benefits of scanning patient medical records?
Improve Patient Care – There are lots of benefits to scanning medical records, but the combined (and most important) benefit is an overall improvement to patient care. Your team will have better access to records and will spend less time looking for old paper documents; all of which means they can focus more on the patient.
Reduce Space – With all of those records, documents, and filing cabinets out of the way, you will have a large amount of much-needed space to now utilise. When you start to multiply those documents across multiple hospitals and trusts, there are substantial space savings to be achieved.
Increased Efficiency – Your entire team will be able to look up medical records much faster than before. With a simple search by Patient name, Patient ID, NHS reference number or Date of birth, they will automatically find the information they need.
Better Data Security – Rather than keeping paper patient files in many places around the building, once digitised, they will be stored and backed up. With all our staff trained in our ISO 27001 accredited information security system, we able to deliver a secure service without any compliance risks.